Journey Cost Calculator
A journey cost calculator estimates the cost of a trip, taking into account factors such as distance, fuel efficiency, fuel prices, tolls, and parking fees.
Jan 15 2021
The formula to calculate cost of a vehicle journey is:
Journey Cost = (Journey Distance / Fuel Efficiency) * 4.54609188 * (Fuel Price / 100)
- Journey Distance unit = miles
- Fuel Efficiency unit = miles per imperial gallons
- 4.54609188 = equivalent in litres of 1 imperial gallon
- Fuel Price unit = pence per litre
- 100 = equivalent in pences of 1 pound sterling
Enter the trip's distance, your vehicle's fuel efficiency, and the price of petrol in the inputs below.