Volume of a Room Calculator
Our room volume calculator takes the width, length and height of a room and calculates the volume of a room in m3, or cubic metres.
15 Jan 2021
From time to time its necessary to calculate the volumetric size of a room, for example, when choosing an air conditioning unit or heaters for a room or office its important to to know the volumetric dimensions, or cubic capacity of a room.
In the boxes below, simply type in the dimensions of the room - width, length and height, and enter the unit of measurement you are using.
A lot of rooms are not rectangular however, so the simplest way of calculating the volumetric dimension of this type of room, is to try and break the room down into 2 or 3 distinct blocks, and take the 3 dimensions for each block. Insert the dimensions of the first block into the fields above and CALCULATE - enter the result in the calculator at the top left of the screen. Enter the second set of dimensions into the fields above, hit CALCULATE and then add this to the previous number entered into the calculator. When you have repeated this for all the blocks required, hit EQUALS and this will be the total cubic measurement of a room.
More useful volumetric information: You may want to convert cubic feet into cubic yards. There are 3 feet in a yard, which means there are 3x3x3 = 27 cubic feet in a cubic yard, so if you know the cubic footage of a room simply divide this number by 27 to arrive at the cubic yardage. To convert cubic yards into cubic feet simply multiply the cubic yardage figure by 27.
For cubic centimetres to metres, the conversion will be 100x100x100cm = 1,000,000 cubic centimetres in a cubic meter.
Have a question about our this calculator? See our list of frequently asked questions below.
- How do you work out m3 of a room?
- To calculate the cubic capacity of a room measured in metres cubed (m3) measure the width, length and height and multiply these three values together.
- How do you work out cubic metres of a room?
- To calculate the cubic metres of a room measure the width, length and height in metres and multiply these three values together.
- How do you find the volume of a room out cubic metres of a room?
- To find the volume of a room you need to measure the width, length and height of the room. Multiple these dimensions together to calculate the volume. If you measured the dimensions in metres then your answer is in cubic metres (m3), if you measured in centimetres then your answer is in cubic centimetres (cm3) and so on.
- What is the formula to calculate the volume of a room?
- The formula is: Volume = Width * Length * Height.