Current Ratio Calculator
Jan 15 2021
The current ratio is calculated by dividing Current Assets by Current Liabilities. This ratio is a good indicator of a company's ability to meet short-term debt obligations.
The higher the current ratio, the more liquid the company is. A ratio of less than one is often considered a cause for concern.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about this calculator? See our list of frequently asked questions below.
How is the current ratio of a business calculated?
The current ratio of a business is calculated by dividing current assets by current liabilities.
What does the current ratio measure?
The current ratio measures the short term liquidity of a business.
Why is the current ratio of a business important?
A low current ratio can indicate that a business will struggle to generate sufficient cash to settle its bills on time.
Other Business Calculators
- Acid Test Ratio Calculator
- Compound Interest Calculator
- Debtor Days Calculator
- Depreciation Calculator (Straight Line Method)
- Reducing Balance Depreciation Calculator
- Gross Profit Margin Calculator
- Loan Repayment Calculator
- Loan APR Calculator
- Operating Profit Margin Calculator
- ROCE Calculator
- VAT Net Value Calculator
- VAT Price After Tax Calculator